Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Anything else I can do for you.....?


Incidents happen when you are on desk. Some are funny, some make you think, some are annoying. This was just funny.

An older lady came to the library. She comes often enough that she knows me and comes directly to me for help. She had a paper (torn off a magazine) which had information on how to enter a contest. She could win a purse and she desperately needed one (she said!)

I logged into the site for her but alas! the site required* an email identification from person. Our lady didn’t have one. So she suggested that I provide my email and then call her if she (I) win(s). How is that for customer service? I had to politely reject that suggestion. Any thing else I can do for you……?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

heeeeeee nice comic strip too. hopefully will remember not to ask such things to our LIb.
bye
ust

Amos said...

I still remember how I had to surrender my library card which I had taken while doing my M.Phil to get my T.C... when I could not find that after 11 years when I was trying to get my T.C and M.A Certificate, I had to visit the Library(MILLER MEMORIAL LIBRARY) and had to get all clear certificate and they were looking at me as if I am from a Zoo... after all these years..... that is how Libraries in India Work...AM

Anonymous said...

Academic or College libraries in North America are also the same AM. One has to clear their card of fines, return all materials before they can get to graduation ceremony.

MK