Thursday, October 02, 2008

I am not responsible

I overheard a conversation my colleague was having with her patron.

The patron wanted to use our computer. In our library patrons require a library card to log into public computers. She didn’t have a card. My colleague asked her to go to the circulation desk (about 5 feet away) to get herself a temporary card. To do this, a patron needs to offer a valid piece of identification which will be held at the circulation desk until the patron returns the card. But this patron wouldn’t budge. She came up with an excellent excuse though: “I am not responsible enough.”

Vow! Since she isn’t responsible enough she won’t take a temporary card from us. We had to set her up with one of our guest cards which we use for emergency purposes. I guess being irresponsible could be considered an emergency. I am glad my 8 year old didn’t overhear this conversation or he would use it too.

What is more amazing is that, when I looked up I noticed she was wearing a nurses’ uniform! God help us!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

really, what an excuse.
maybe u should get them photographed and fingerprinted.
then see what excuse that will bring?
ust

Amos said...

This is Amazing how some people get away with nonsense....we have enough in our company... AM