Thursday, September 17, 2009

Conversations with patrons

Me: Good Evening. How can I help you?
Patron: Someone I know died and it is in the paper. My friends found out about this on the computer. I want it.
Me: Where did this person die?
Patron: In Calgary or Edmonton (in another province)
Me: Was it an accident? Was it reported in the paper or was it an obituary?
Patron: I don't know! (with lot of attitude). My friends found it on the computer. Look for it.
Me: Where did your friends find it? (I meant where on the computer - a newspaper site, general website, email)
Patron: On the computer!! Geez! Can you find it or not?
Me: I cannot find it if I don't know what I am looking for? And I don't know where your friends found it? Can you be more specific? Was this information in the newspaper?
Patron: Look! This person died in Calgary or Edmonton and my friends read about it on the computer! That's all I know. Can you please look into your computer?
Me: Sure. Do you know the name of the person who died? I can check the obituaries first and go from there.
Patron: Not really!
Me: ????????
Patron: ???????

7 comments:

ush said...

some know how to make u want to give them...
it must a crank call
next time mabe u can say call the police.
or start with calls recorded...!
God give u patience.
u

Anonymous said...

This was an in person conversation!

MK

Tamara Marnell said...

I'm a little confused. If he knew this person, why didn't he know the name? Unless it was something like, "Hey, Joe, you remember that guy who worked the checkout at the grocery store with the beard and glasses? Yeah, that guy. I just read that he died!"

Anonymous said...

It was really her friends who knew this person. I don't think she knew what exactly she wanted - but wanted to stop in!

Amos said...

Amazing.... Dealing with people is not easy..AM

Rajeev said...

A 'Waiting for Godot' situation- real life drama, I guess!

scott_skydweller said...

amazing at how people can be demanding for the wrong reasons...