Saturday, April 03, 2010

Slow Cooker Recipes

Patron: (pointing to the public computers) Can I hit this button and get slow cooker recipes?
Me: What are you looking for? Books with recipes or something from the Internet?
Patron: I just want a recipe to take home with me!!
Me: Elaborating on my earlier question - would you like a book to take home or are you looking for something to be printed out.
Patron: Can you just show me how to use this?
Me: (Trying to explain how to use "this") you can check our catalogue (our home page is the catalogue) or you can find something on Google.
Patron: No, no. Just get me something printed.
Me: Do you have a certain recipe in mind or a favourite website for slow cooker recipes?
Patron: No.
Me: Just Google for something and ask him if he wants this printed.
Patron: Yes. Do I have to pay for this?
Me: Yes. 10 cents please.


Patron leaves.
Me: Left wondering about my reference interview skills!!!

1 comment:

ush said...

So patron left u ,slow cooking..?