Monday, April 12, 2010

My Email from Your Computer?

(Over the phone)

Patron: I want to use your computer.
Me: Sure. Do you want me to book a time for you?
Patron: My computer at home is dead and unplugged. Can I get my email from your computer?
Me: You want to use our computer to access your email, right?
Patron: Well, I want to get my email.
Me: Right. You can use our computers to read your email.
Patron: But my computer is dead.
Me: You said you wanted to use OUR computer.
Patron: Yeah, can I compute my email on your computer.
Me: (Trying to clarify again) You want to use one of our computers to read or send an email. Is that what you are asking me?
Patron: Yeah, but my computer is dead. Will my email work on YOUR computer?
Me: Oh yes! You can access your email from any computer (confirmed her email was universally available).
Patron: Okay, so I can read my email on your computer even though my computer at home is dead. right.
Me: Right.
Patron: Thanks. I will come in and use the computer.

4 comments:

ush said...

So did the Dead computer, work? or did the patron come knocking on the libary doors!
wonder if they r acting dumb?or playing a joke on you.

Anonymous said...

It does sound like it, doesn't it? But no, there really are people who don't know.

Kelsey said...

Haha this made my day, absolutely hilarious. Some people just don't understand computers or the internet. Love the blog!

MK said...

Thanks Thelma.