Friday, April 24, 2009

Conference

We have our provincial library conference coming up soon and I am busy working on my presentation for the conference. Hence all is quiet on the western front.

My paper is going to be about diversity in our province with a focus on multiculturalism. We have always had many international students coming to our University, but now there are more people coming with jobs, opening businesses, etc. While the students usually thought of this place as their temporary aboard, the newer immigrants are actually staying. And, of course, the social make up of immigrants has changed a lot since the early 1900's. As opposed to Europeans, we get more Asians, immigrants from middle east and Africa.

Once I finish the conference, I hope to have more time to write for the blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

all the best. hope all goes well'
ust